Day 4: Imagination Work Experience, London

Thursday 13th August

Day 4 at Imagination involved a lot of research looking for independent blogs in the UK that are based around 3 categories; Lifestyle, Cars and the Environment. No journalists allowed, sorry. This work is for a new social media activation campaign for Ford of Europe.

After spending a frustrating hour probing around the Internet for websites allowing me to filter out blogs from outside the UK, I finally came across www.blogcatalog.com. If anybody knows of any other that could aid me with this please let me know!

From this website I was able to scroll through and pick out relevant blogs that may be perfect for the campaign. I based their suitability to whether they fitted in well with the 3 characteristics and then if the blogs carried any authority on technorati. I found this to be quite problematic as a lot of the blogs I found carried little to no authority and some authors had been inactive for months.

I managed to come up with around 6 or 7 suitable so far, some way short of the target of 15.
I will continue to try of course but I feel perhaps technorati and co. could perhaps have introduced a search filter that allows filtration based on country to make this a lot easier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment