Day 6: Imagination Work Experience, London

17th August 2009

My final week at Imagination began today and I had been given the prep for the 2nd project which was looking at a social media strategy for the Imperial War Museum to drive traffic to the website as well as visitors to the museum. I also have to try and come up with interesting content for the website that will spark an interest for visitors to go to the museum.

I spent the morning looking for more blogs for the Ford Europe campaign and managed to find one or two more. I went for lunch and following that set off for the Imperial War Museum for some observational research. After getting lost... three times... I finally found myself at the entrance looking at two massive cannons facing me. I bought a guide and wandered in. The main room is filled with lifesize models of tanks, aeroplane and weaponry. There were children with their families watching them climb on and play inside the models. I spent the day looking at all of the displays, making observations of the people who were there, and the people who were not there and also getting a sense of the brand itself.

I was surprised to find how much I enjoyed the museum as I had a predetermined view of museums as being boring, a place for old people and unappealing. I was clearly wrong, however I feel had I not been alone I would not have learned or observed as much as I did. My grandfathers both fought in the wars and I was surprisingly moved by the stories I heard and the images I saw.

I feel I have a good idea about what the museum needs and will express them over the following week.



0 comments:

Post a Comment